Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Five ~ Who is this Jesus?

We need not visit the Holy Land to feel Him
close to us. We need not walk by the shores of Galilee
or among the Judean hillsto walk where
Jesus walked. In a very real sense, all can walk where
Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips,
His spirit in our hearts, and his teachings in our lives,
we journey through mortality. -Thomas S. Monson
~Read the account of the Samaritan woman in John 4:1-42
For the Samaritan woman, this powerful teaching moment came at a very unexpected time. "She had come-like so many of us, who find a pearl in the field which we occupy in the business of everyday life-on humble ordinary duty and work" And it was here that she was taught. Likewise, some of our gretest learning moments may come as we go about our ordinary daily tasks. We must learn to watch for these moments, for these "pearls in the field" of our everyday lives. Then we become true treasure seekers, daily discovering God's gold. -Emily Freeman
~Prepare to receive a simple learning moment, a "pearl in the field" as you go through your day. Let your search be constant. Try to discover, "in every hour," some heavenly blessings that will bring you closer to Christ. A treasure-God's gold.

1 comment:

Janette Magley said...

I may not have seen the Lord face to face but I have felt his peace in my life and I've seen miracles in my own life. I've received answers to my prayers and for this simple fact... I know that he LIVES and he is in all of our lives. Sometimes when I'm driving to work or wherever... the sun barely kisses the mountain tops and makes them look pink and orange--- It's so magestic!!!! Our Heavenly Father blesses our lives and sends us gifts everyday. The beauty I see are the "pearls" in my life....

Janette